What is an ENT ?
An Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist (ENT), or an Otolaryngologist is a medical doctor that is trained in disorders and conditions relating to the head and neck region of your body. If you have a problem related to your ear, nose, or throat, you may need to see an ENT physician.
An ENT Specialist has graduated from a medical school, completed at least five years of specialty training, and passed a board certified exam through the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Enticare provides you with experts of both medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat in children and adults.
Ears – Hearing loss affects many people in America…1 out of 10 to be exact. ENTs are trained in both the medical and surgical treatment of hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing of the ears), ear infections, balance disorders and also birth disorders of the outer and inner ear.
Nose – Approximately 35 million people develop chronic sinusitis every year. It’s one of the most common health complaints in the U.S. Treatment of the sinuses and nasal cavity is one of an ENT’s primary skills. Nose problems can include allergies, smell disorders, nasal obstructions (due to a deviated septum) and polyps.
Throat – Communication and eating all involve this important area of the head. ENTs are experts in managing diseases of the throat. Some issues include your larynx (voice box) and esophagus affecting voice or swallowing.
Head & Neck – Sight, smell, hearing, and facial features are included in this area of your body. ENTs are trained to treat infections, benign and malignant tumors, trauma to the face and also deformities of the face. An ENT can perform both plastic or reconstructive surgery of these areas.
Enticare is proud to offer you medical help with :
- Myringotomy and Tubes
- Ear disease management
- Advanced hearing testing for infants, children, and adults
- Hearing aids/ Assistive listening devices – Hearing
- Specialized testing of hearing and balance function
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Nasal surgery
- Management of sinus disease including endoscopic sinus surgery
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
- Thyroid Gland disorders including surgery
- Allergy testing and treatment (allergy sublingual drops or allergy injections) – Allergy
- Sleep Studies and C-PAP treatment – Sleep